SolarWinds Adds Monitoring Support for Hyper-V With New Virtualization Free Tool
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/21/12 -- SolarWinds® Inc. (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced its latest virtualization free tool -- SolarWinds VM Monitor for Hyper-V.
"We're seeing more customers add a second hypervisor to their virtualization mix, specifically Microsoft Hyper-V, based on what they need to achieve and for cost savings," said Jonathan Reeve, SolarWinds' Senior Director of Product Management. "SolarWinds VM Monitor for Hyper-V is a useful free tool for users testing a multi-hypervisor strategy and interested in monitoring Hyper-V in addition to their existing VMware hypervisor."
SolarWinds VM Monitor for Hyper-V delivers an intuitive, desktop dashboard that continuously monitors a Microsoft Hyper-V host and associated virtual machines by providing real-time monitoring of health indicators.
SolarWinds VM Monitor for Hyper-V highlights:
- Quickly check the health of a Microsoft Hyper-V host by monitoring CPU, memory utilization, number of virtual machines configured and running, and much more
- View detailed virtual machine health statistics including VM name, guest OS, and VM state, as well as processor, memory, and network usage
To monitor a VMware host, users can also download and take advantage of SolarWinds VM Monitor for VMware free tool.
When users are ready to expand monitoring to their full virtual environment, SolarWinds Virtualization Manager provides integrated capacity planning, VM sprawl control, performance monitoring, configuration management, and chargeback automation -- all in one comprehensive solution.
SolarWinds Virtualization Manager can start getting answers to tough questions such as:
- How many VMs do I have and which ones are over or under provisioned?
- Where are the performance bottlenecks in my virtualized environment?
- How are my VMs configured?
- How many app servers will fit in my current environment and when will I need more resources?
- What departments are using which resources?
Pricing and Availability
- SolarWinds VM Monitor for Hyper-V and SolarWinds VM Monitor for VMware are free and available on the SolarWinds website.
- Pricing for SolarWinds Virtualization Manager starts at $2,995. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website, download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering-place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/?CMP=PUB-PR-SWI-PRQ112_VMM-X-SWHP.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, and Orion are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1923363
All Rights Reserved.