“The Daily Show’s” Samantha Bee & Jason Jones Co-Host The 4th Annual Shorty Awards Honoring the Best of Social Media
Appearances by Tiffany Thiessen, Miss USA Alyssa Campanella & Miss Teen USA Danielle Doty, Aasif Mandvi, Chef Roble Ali, Agnes Monica, Mike Bettes, The Gregory Brothers, and more.
New York, NY (PRWEB) March 23, 2012
The Shorty Awards return to The TimesCenter at The New York Times Tower on Monday, March 26, 2012 6:30pm EST, to honor the year’s best content producers on social media. Over 1.6 million tweet-nominations were counted during the nomination process -- over a 100% increase.
The Shorty Awards categories include the #SocialFitness Award (Presented by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s @HealthJoinIn), the #Celebrity Award (Presented by @BIO), the #YouTubeStar Award (Presented by @AETV’s #BreakoutKings), the #LifeSavingHero Award (Presented by The @WeatherChannel), the #Weather Award (Presented by The @WeatherChannel), the Best Social Media Manager Industry Award (Presented by @Spredfast), the #Apps Award (Presented by @PepsiCo), and the #Journalist (Presented by @MuckRack). The Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, comprised of leaders in technology, journalism, business and culture, will select winners in the various categories of top nominated finalists.
The Shorty Industry Awards (http://industry.shortyawards.com/) will also be honored for the second time at The 4th Annual Shorty Awards. The Industry Awards honor the talented agencies, brands, and industry leaders behind the best social media channels, viral campaigns, websites, games, and applications. Industry Award categories include Best Social Media Manager (Presented by Spredfast), Best Use of a Hashtag on Twitter and more.
Special Awards Categories recognize people who excel at a given topic - these special categories honor the pioneers in emerging social media platforms. Of the Special Awards, three noteworthy categories include the Foursquare Mayor of the Year, Microblog of the Year on Tumblr, and the Answer of the Year on Quora.
Greg Galant, co-creator of The Shorty Awards and CEO of Sawhorse Media, said “Even if you can’t be with the 1% that scored a ticket to the Shorty Awards, you can join the other 99% watching in real-time and interacting online through social media.“
Livestream CEO Max Haot, added "We're thrilled to be broadcasting the Shorty Awards for the fourth straight year, the leading ceremony honoring the top content producers on the social web. With the launch of the New Livestream, we think this is the perfect fit to connect their influential audience to our brand new social tools for live broadcasting."
To watch the Shorty Awards online live, visit http://new.livestream.com/shortyawardslive/ShortyAwards2012
For more information about the ceremony, including ticket information, event details and accommodations, please visit http://shorty4.eventbrite.com/
Members of the press interested in attending the ceremony can still apply for credentials at http://shortyawards.com/contact
About the Shorty Awards: The Shorty Awards are a worldwide effort to engage hundreds of thousands of Twitter users to identify the best people and organizations on social media, culminating in a blockbuster ceremony in New York City.
About Livestream: Livestream (http://new.livestream.com/) is the market leader for live event coverage. With simple to use technology, our service allows anyone to broadcast live to the web, as well as being the top destination for live content from around the world. Our clients include Facebook, The New York Times, ABC News, CBS News, Associated Press, HBO, AT&T, PepsiCo, Electronic Arts, Adidas, The Academy Awards, Warner Bros. Records, and Paramount Pictures.
About the Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts and Sciences
The Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, comprised of leaders in technology, journalism, business and culture, plays a role in choosing the winners from Shorty Awards finalists. The group includes Apple Co-Founder Steve “The Woz” Wozniak, actor, writer and executive producer Nick Cannon, actor Charlie Sheen, Foursquare co-founder and CEO, Dennis Crowley, Craigslist founder, Craig Newmark, Dean of Student affairs for Columbia Journalism School and CNET Tech Columnist Professor Sree Sreenivasan, actress and philanthropist Alyssa Milano and Wikipedia founder, Jimmy Wales.
To learn more about the Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, visit
About Sawhorse Media
Sawhorse Media (http://www.sawhorsemedia.com) filters, curates, and makes sense of the real-time web by creating fun, engaging, and useful products. Sawhorse sites include Muck Rack, delivering the tweets of what journalists are saying in real-time, and Listorious, the best Twitter people search on the web.
The Shorty Awards
arzi(at)shortyawards(dot)com | @arrrzzz | C: 917-251-2442
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/3/prweb9322171.htm