SolarWinds Adds Robust Mobile Toolset for IT Administrators
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 04/10/12 -- SolarWinds® (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, announced today the release of SolarWinds Mobile Admin software v.7. SolarWinds acquired the new mobile IT management product from Rove. SolarWinds Mobile Admin software is designed specifically for mobile devices, with native applications for the most common mobile operating systems, and an extensive list of remote fix capabilities.
"As everyone knows, the new business reality is one of mobility. The same holds for the modern IT guy. Whether they are managing a server on another floor, or a user halfway around the world, IT pros need to be available to evaluate and respond anytime, from anywhere," said Kevin Thompson, president and CEO, SolarWinds. "We are excited to offer a mobile IT admin solution that is platform agnostic, IT management solution agnostic, and truly gets to the heart of solving real-world problems for our customers."
Mobile Admin is used by thousands of customers to monitor and manage their corporate IT infrastructure from their iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets, BlackBerry smartphones and PlayBook (OS2), and Kindle Fire. In addition to dozens of third party systems and services, the latest version of Mobile Admin now adds support for Amazon EC2, Microsoft Active Sync, and SolarWinds network and server management products.
SolarWinds Mobile Admin 7.0 includes the following new features:
- Support for Amazon EC2, Microsoft Active Sync, and SolarWinds Orion
- Improved dashboard and notifications system with a new user interface
- Instant notifications from Active Directory when a user is locked out for fast resolution
- Better device integration including the ability to share Mobile Admin information
More Highlights of SolarWinds Mobile Admin 7.0 include:
- Native applications for Android, iOS, and BlackBerry devices
- Remote Desktop, SSH, Telnet, VNC, Proxy via Mobile Admin Server or Direct Connect capabilities
- Access to over 500 distinct functions across servers, platforms, and systems
- Ability to create a personalized dashboard, as well as real-time personalized status and alerts
- Comprehensive support for over 40 key IT technologies, including Active Directory, VMware or Hyper-V hosts, Windows servers and desktops, Oracle or SQL server databases, Backup Exec, Exchange, and more
- Integrates with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor, Microsoft Systems Center Operations, Remedy Service Desk, BMC Performance Manager, and Nagios
SolarWinds Mobile Admin is the newest addition to SolarWinds' IT management product portfolio that includes network management, server & application management, log & event management, virtualization management, and storage management software, as well as dozens of free IT management tools.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for SolarWinds Mobile Adminsoftware starts at $695 and includes the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation trial is available online, or by calling 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, and Orion are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1942747
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1942750
Video-Link Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1943008
All Rights Reserved.