Veeam Introduces Free System Center 2012 Management Pack 10-Pack for VMware Monitoring
Announces Support for System Center 2012
Microsoft Management Summit 2012
Click to Tweet: Veeam Introduces Free System Center 2012 Management Pack 10-Pack for VMware Monitoring
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for Windows Server Hyper-V and VMware vSphere, introduces the Veeam Management Pack ™1 (MP) 10-Pack, a free System Center 2012 monitoring solution for VMware. This offer is for new Veeam MP customers worldwide who use System Center 2012. Veeam also announces broad support for System Center 2012 to help customers manage and protect private clouds that include Windows Server Hyper-V, VMware or both.
The Veeam Management Pack 10-Pack is a fully functioning version of
the MP that enables companies to:
- Protect investments in System Center with integrated VMware monitoring.
- Manage physical and virtual infrastructure from one console.
- Eliminate the cost of additional monitoring frameworks.
- New MP customers using System Center 2012 can register for a free perpetual 10-socket license that includes one full year of maintenance and support. To learn more and register for this offer, visit: http://www.veeam.com/SC2012 .
Veeam’s Support for System Center 2012 includes :
- The MP, which works with System Center 2012 Operations Manager. Veeam will finalize testing for official support within 30 days.
- Veeam Backup & Replication v6.1, with expected availability in Q2 2012, will extend support for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 to System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager. This will streamline discovery and ensure protection of Windows Server Hyper-V VMs managed by System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Veeam ONE v6, with expected availability this week, discovers the topology of a Windows Server Hyper-V virtual infrastructure through the System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager server. By querying the System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager server, Veeam ONE identifies the hosts and failover clusters managed by that server. The product will support System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager when testing is finalized.
Veeam’s commitment to System Center has helped build a strong
relationship with Microsoft that includes:
- Active membership in the System Center Alliance
- Participation in the System Center 2012 Technical Adoption Program
- Installation of the Veeam MP in all Microsoft Technology Centers
- Attainment of Microsoft Gold competencies for both Virtualization and Systems Management
Connect with Veeam at Microsoft Management Summit, April 16-20:
- Visit booth 309 for demos of Veeam MP, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE
Attendees will benefit from technology discussions during the
- “Take control of VMware with System Center 2012 and Veeam MP,” Alec King, 6:20 p.m. PT, April 16, Expo Theater.
- “AM – B101 System Center 2012: Behind the Scenes Overview,” Ryan O’Hara, 11:45 a.m. PT, April 17, Murano 3301.
- “The FREE Veeam Management Pack 10-Pack for deep VMware monitoring with System Center 2012,” Doug Hazelman, Veeam, 3:05 p.m. PT, April 17, Expo Theater.
Ryan O’Hara, Director of Program Management, Cloud and Datacenter
“Microsoft and Veeam are dedicated to helping our customers manage their physical, virtual, and cloud datacenter assets. With the Veeam Management Pack, customers can connect the deep application insight of System Center 2012 with the additional management insights Veeam provides from VMware virtual infrastructures. This gives customers a deeper view of workloads and SLAs, across Windows Server Hyper-V and VMware systems, from the physical hardware, to the hypervisor, all the way into the application.”
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
“Many of our customers rely on System Center and can be assured they have the best combination of technology to monitor, manage and protect their IT environments that work seamlessly with System Center 2012. By offering the Veeam Management Pack 10-Pack, customers will be able to realize the benefits of Veeam and Microsoft technology working together.”
Connect with Veeam:
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com
- AM – B101 System Center 2012: Behind the Scenes Overview: http://www.mms-2012.com/topic/details/AM-B101
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html
1Formerly Veeam nworks Management Pack