Citrix NetScaler 10 Brings the Power of the Cloud to Any Network
Groundbreaking TriScale Technology Gives Any Network the Elasticity, Simplicity and Expandability of the Cloud
Citrix today unveiled NetScaler® 10, a landmark release that brings the elasticity, simplicity and expandability of the cloud to both enterprise and carrier networks. NetScaler 10 features the groundbreaking new Citrix TriScaleTM technology, making it easy for businesses of any size to scale their networks “up, in and out” with ease, just like the world’s largest public clouds. This revolutionary new technology elevates NetScaler beyond traditional service and application delivery controllers, creating the industry’s most advanced cloud networking platform. The new release ships today and will be featured prominently in the upcoming Citrix Synergy 2012 conference May 9-11 in San Francisco.
NetScaler is already well established as the industry’s leading internet delivery system, touching an estimated 75 percent of internet users each day. The new NetScaler 10 release builds on this leadership to deliver the world’s most advanced “cloud networking platform”, giving customers a single integrated solution that brings the elasticity, simplicity and expandability of the cloud to networks of any size. This powerful combination helps customers deliver public and private cloud services with the best performance, security and reliability to any device.
Introducing NetScaler TriScale Technology
The centerpiece of NetScaler 10 is the product’s new TriScale technology, a revolutionary advancement of the NetScaler architecture that brings multi-dimensional scalability to enterprise datacenters and provider networks. This innovative approach delivers the unique capability to Scale Up the performance of a single appliance for greater elasticity, Scale Out to expand capacity by deploying NetScaler appliances in a unified cluster, and Scale In by consolidating multiple networking functions into a single NetScaler service delivery platform to dramatically simplify network infrastructure – all with the same powerful, but simple, management capability.
For the first time, datacenter and cloud managers can provide a comprehensive set of network-based services at virtually unbounded network flexibility and scale. This ensures that network infrastructure always has the capacity and performance to handle the demands of even the most intensive application or service in the most efficient way possible – and that customers never overpay for capacity they don’t need. The new TriScale technology enables customers to:
1. Scale Up elasticity with 5x faster performance on-demand with the simple NetScaler Pay-As-You-Grow software-based licensing model. This eliminates costly over provisioning, avoids regular ‘forklift’ appliance upgrades, and obviates the need to buy expensive chassis-based systems just to reserve empty slots in anticipation of future growth.
2. Scale In consolidation with the multi-function NetScaler SDX platform to simplify datacenter networks, eliminate appliance sprawl and streamline operational management by consolidating up to 40 independently managed devices into a single, easy-to-manage appliance. Unlike alternative solutions, the new NetScaler TriScale technology consolidates multiple appliances with no loss of functionality, and no performance compromises.
3. Scale Out to expand capacity up to 32x by seamlessly adding appliances to existing NetScaler deployments in a “plug-and-play” fashion with TriScale clustering, without the need to stand up redundant high-availability pairs. For the first time, datacenter managers can build a highly efficient infrastructure that meets current application demand, and then scale incrementally as traffic increases, with the capability to reach unprecedented performance levels exceeding 1 terabit/sec (Tbps).
More than 160 new Features
In addition to the new NetScaler TriScale technology, NetScaler 10 also includes more than 160 new features, capabilities and enhancements, including:
- New ActionAnalytics™ provide real-time monitoring and adaptive policy controls that transform raw data gathered by NetScaler into actionable information to deliver better business intelligence and automatically tune application and service delivery policies across public and private clouds.
- Built-in cloud connectivity with Citrix CloudBridgeTM, making it easy for customers to extend their enterprise datacenters into external clouds with optimal security, performance and manageability.
- New scalability, security and visibility enhancements for NetScaler DataStream™ technology that improve the performance of database infrastructures - further extending the product’s leadership in the emerging arena of database scaling.
- New capabilities to power the delivery of virtual desktops with Citrix XenDesktop®, including support for smartcard authentication for secure access to virtual desktops, and sophisticated policy management that completely separates virtual desktop management from on-going network administration tasks.
- Powerful advancements to the Citrix Application Firewall™ module, making it easier to protect against leakage of sensitive data and fully supporting the common event format (CEF) standard. These improvements make it easier for security analysts to correlate app firewall data to gain greater insights into the increasingly sophisticated threats facing all types of web and cloud applications.
Pricing and Availability
NetScaler 10 software is supported by NetScaler MPX™ hardware appliances, NetScaler VPX™ virtual appliances, and NetScaler SDX virtualized multi-tenant appliance platforms. NetScaler 10 software is available today, with list prices starting at $2000. The new software release is available at no additional charge for existing Citrix NetScaler customers with a valid NetScaler maintenance agreement. Citrix TriScale clustering capabilities are currently offered in controlled availability. Citrix TriScale clustering upgrade licenses will be available for purchase later in Q2 2012.
Nathan Day, Chief Scientist, SoftLayer
“Citrix NetScaler 10 provides the simplicity and expandability that SoftLayer needs to power Internet scale global cloud infrastructure, while empowering granular control over cloud services. The ability to scale performance on demand, with no disruption to applications or services, and no wasted network resources, gives our business a tremendous competitive advantage.”
Joe Skorupa, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner Research
“Transformation of the traditional, silo-based datacenter into a full-fledged enterprise cloud requires a complete rethinking of network architectures. The new cloud network must embrace advanced technologies that make the infrastructure elastic and expandable to meet increasingly dynamic business needs, while still preserving the simplicity to keep it manageable.”
Sunil Potti, Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler Product Group, Citrix
“NetScaler 10 is a significant milestone - in not just the ADC market, but also in heralding in a new infrastructure era where the network takes center stage as enterprises and service providers transform due to the unstoppable forces of mobility and cloud. Building on our leadership in powering the world’s largest internet and cloud providers, NetScaler 10, now with groundbreaking TriScale technology, propels forward to being the most advanced cloud networking platform available today. NetScaler 10 enables enterprises to embrace a cloud-first network design across all service delivery functions including cloud connectivity, security and visibility, giving IT the control and confidence to take on the transformation to the cloud network era.”
- Expert Blog: How to Doom a Cloud: Forget Networking – by Steve Shah
- Expert Blog: Enterprise Clouds. Don't Hit the Wall – by Greg Smith
- Expert Blog: Citrix Delivers Major Blow to the Competition with NetScaler 10 TriScale Technology– by Graham Melville
Follow us online:
Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS) transforms how businesses and IT work and people collaborate in the cloud era. With market-leading cloud, collaboration, networking and virtualization technologies, Citrix powers mobile workstyles and cloud services, making complex enterprise IT simpler and more accessible for 260,000 organizations. Citrix products touch 75 percent of Internet users each day and it partners with more than 10,000 companies in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21 billion. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
For Citrix Investors
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein.
The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
Citrix®, NetScaler®, MPX™, VPX™, SDX, TriScale™, ActionAnalytics™, DataStream™, Citrix Application Firewall™, XenDesktop® and CloudBridge™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. Xen® is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. managed on behalf of Xen.org, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50240969&lang=en