Acme Packet Dramatically Simplifies SIP Trunking Implementations
MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 05/17/12 -- Interconnect 2012 -- Acme Packet® (NASDAQ: APKT), at its annual Interconnect customer conference, today announced new solutions to simplify session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking implementations and extend these services to medium enterprises. These new solutions include new software-based Acme Packet enterprise session border controllers (E-SBCs), as well as SIP Trunk Xpress, a new application to automate E-SBC configuration for SIP trunking services. The new offerings help service providers deploy Acme Packet's Net-Net Enterprise Session Director (ESD) E-SBCs quickly and easily, providing their enterprise customers with a faster path to secure, interoperable session delivery networks based on SIP trunking.
The new offerings include:
- New Enterprise Session Border Controllers: The new Net-Net ESD-Server Edition (SE) and Net-Net ESD-Virtual Machine Edition (VME) are software-based E-SBCs targeted at medium enterprises, which operate on third party hardware or in virtual machine environments. These new E-SBCs utilize the same market-leading Net-Net OS software employed across Acme Packet's E-SBC portfolio, delivering vendor-neutral interoperability, trusted security, and first-class reliability -- all with increased usability and simplified deployment.
- SIP Trunk Xpress: Acme Packet's SIP Trunk Xpress is a new, easy-to-use application that reduces the expense and complexity involved in deploying E-SBCs used for SIP trunking. Featuring a browser-based interface, SIP Trunk Xpress works with Acme Packet SBCs to provision and configure the SIP trunk connection in an automated fashion, reducing the time and effort associated with such activities. Furthermore, SIP Trunk Xpress can provision, configure, and modify both ends of the SIP trunk from the service provider network operations center -- eliminating the need to dispatch a technician to the customer premise.
- Interop Xpress: Interop Xpress is a new Acme Packet initiative to provide testing and qualification of SIP trunking services in conjunction with leading private branch exchange (PBX) and unified communication (UC) solutions. Together with SIP Trunk Xpress, Interop Xpress enables enterprises to more easily adopt SIP trunk services securely and reliably, without having to modify their existing PBX or UC systems.
Together, these solutions are designed to provide:
- Accelerated time-to-service enablement
- Reduced cost of provisioning SIP trunking services
- Interoperability between leading SIP-enabled solutions and the SIP trunking services
- Centralized view of all SIP trunks provided by a service provider
- Security, reliability, and service quality
"Our goal is always to deliver SIP trunking services in a way that enables our customers to benefit from those services as quickly as possible, and with minimal, if any, technical hurdles," said Tab Schadt, chief executive officer, DoubleHorn Communications. "Acme Packet's SIP Trunk Xpress solution not only allows us to reduce the time spent on provisioning, it helps us deliver an optimal customer experience as they make the transition to SIP trunking."
"As the first integrator for the Net-Net ESD-SE, we're pleased to be working with Acme Packet to bring this innovative new solution to our customers," said Elias Perez, chief executive officer, Quobis. "Medium businesses and enterprises can now leverage Acme Packet's full range of E-SBC functions and features to enable a wide range of IP communications applications and services at a scale that best fits their needs."
"Acme Packet's Net-Net ESD-SE provides Aastra's Clearspan UC platform with an embedded SBC and Session Management solution for SIP trunking and remote worker applications," said Tim Whittington, regional group president, Aastra. "Aastra's partnership with Acme Packet helps us to successfully deploy Clearspan in a wide variety of enterprise premises and hosted UC applications."
"As the market share leader in both the enterprise and service provider markets for SBCs, Acme Packet clearly understands the challenges our customers can face in deploying and adopting SIP trunking services," said Seamus Hourihan, senior vice president, corporate strategy, Acme Packet. "We developed SIP Trunk Xpress and Interop Xpress to help our customers reduce the cost and complexity issues associated with provisioning or adopting SIP trunk services and get right to realizing the benefits of such services."
All Rights Reserved.