EMC and VMware Extend Partnership to Develop, Sell and Deliver Storage Analytics for VNX
EMC VNX to Integrate with VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite; Deliver Actionable Storage Analytics for Improved Performance, Faster Issue Resolution and Storage Planning
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- EMC® and VMware will work together to integrate VNX® storage intelligence with the patented analytics of VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite.
- EMC will extend its VNX storage software portfolio with the addition of the EMC Storage Analytics Suite that is based on VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
- EMC's VNX unified storage systems will also be integrated with VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite via the new EMC VNX Connector, enabling a single, end-to-end view of IT infrastructures with EMC VNX storage.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com.
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect.
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook. Like VMware on Facebook here.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012."
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) and VMware (NYSE: VMW) today extended their long-standing partnership with a new sales and development agreement designed to deliver offerings that combine comprehensive storage intelligence with the analytics and infrastructure visualization of VMware vCenter Operations. As part of the expanded relationship, the two companies will deliver:
- EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite, based on VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite, will offer capabilities such as storage performance and capacity optimization and SLA improvement through analytics and diagnostics.
- EMC VNX Connector will provide VNX storage metrics and configurable dashboards within VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
Customers today are evolving in the way they manage their IT infrastructures as more organizations virtualize their business-critical applications. With this shift, organizations must address siloed infrastructure management and high end-user expectations of performance and uptime, as well as increase optimization and efficiency while reducing costs. With today's news, EMC and VMware have jointly developed and will deliver solutions to help with this transition.
Introduces Storage Performance and Capacity Analytics
- The EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite enables storage operations management with customizable, intuitive dashboards. It will support block and file storage as well as displayEMC Fully Automated Storage Tiering (FAST™) Cache configuration and performance, and FAST VP (FAST for Virtual Pools) tiers and policies.
Extends Visibility Across IT Infrastructure
- VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite provides holistic visibility and understanding of the virtual environment leading to optimization across compute, storage and network. New integration with EMC VNX Connector for VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite will marry VNX storage metrics with VMware vCenter Operations capabilities such as intuitive, configurable dashboards with drill down, health alerts and patented analytics.
Improves Storage Efficiencies and Faster Troubleshooting and Resolution
- These solutions will offer deep storage intelligence and analytics that enable proactive storage performance and capacity optimization across physical and virtual environments. Additionally, customers can maintain service levels by quickly troubleshooting performance abnormalities and immediately remediating errors.