EMC Readies Isilon Scale-Out NAS Innovation, Arming Enterprise IT to Meet Big Data Challenges
Next Generation of EMC Isilon's OneFS Scale-Out NAS Operating System Will Blend Industry-Leading Scalability and Simplicity with Enterprise-Grade Data Protection, Security, Interoperability and Performance
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- EMC® unveils plans for the next generation of EMC Isilon® OneFS® scale-out NAS operating system, code named "Mavericks," which will enable enterprises to manage rapidly growing unstructured data more effectively, thereby accelerating their businesses.
- The unveiling of Mavericks continues Isilon's scale-out NAS market momentum and further extends the unmatched scalability and efficiency of OneFS across a broader range of enterprise applications and IT infrastructure environments.
- Innovations include:
- Enhanced integration with VMware by leveraging VMware's VAAI and VASA APIs to accelerate and simplify scale-out NAS for virtualization.
- A 25% increase to Isilon's already industry-leading single file system throughput, significantly improving performance for large-scale enterprise applications.
- Dramatically improved caching capability to reduce average latency by 50% for I/O intensive applications.
- New data protection and security features that deliver increased availability and help enterprises meet stringent regulatory compliance requirements.
- Accelerated disaster recovery and business continuity at scale with integrated, push-button failover and failback capabilities.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com.
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect.
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012."
Today at EMC World, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced that it is readying the next version of its industry-leading EMC Isilon OneFS scale-out NAS operating system, code named "Mavericks." File-based, unstructured data represents the fastest-growing component of today's enterprise data centers. To better support customers as they address the associated issues, this upcoming version of OneFS will incorporate new levels of data protection, security, system performance and interoperability. "Mavericks" is being designed to enable enterprises to extend the unmatched scalability and efficiency of EMC Isilon storage systems to a broader range of enterprise applications and infrastructure environments.
Isilon scale-out NAS solutions have long set the standard for addressing the challenges of managing large, rapidly growing file-based and unstructured data environments for organizations in data-intensive industries including media and entertainment, life sciences and energy exploration. "Mavericks" is designed to extend those advantages to mainstream enterprises now contending with the challenges of managing their own rapidly growing unstructured data across large-scale home directories, files shares, archives, virtualization and business analytics. In addition to Isilon's proven ability to provide massively scalable, highly efficient storage that is simple to manage, "Mavericks" will incorporate new data protection and security tools and increased levels of performance and interoperability that enterprises can use to gain a further competitive edge while meeting essential large-scale corporate IT requirements.
New Enterprise Customer Benefits: