EMC Transforms Infrastructure Management with New DataBridge Enterprise Management Tool
Enables IT-as-a-Service Through "Mashups" of Management Information
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- New EMC® DataBridge™ enterprise management tool transforms how customers consume and manage IT operations data.
- DataBridge "mashes up" or converges IT operations data, transforming silos of disparate compute, storage and network management information into use-case specific DataBridge widgets for better visibility across the infrastructure as part of an IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) deployment.
- DataBridge delivers key performance indicators in real-time for greater visibility and control over physical and virtual IT infrastructures.
- In a few clicks, IT teams can build customizable DataBridge dashboards for continuous, informed decision making, reducing or eliminating the traditional time and resource-intensive manual processes of IT data collection and analysis.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld. Follow @EMC_ITmgmt for all the latest news on DataBridge and join in the conversation using #DataBridge
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012"
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced a brand new enterprise management tool—EMC DataBridge, which empowers IT operations teams with "single-pane of glass" management to easily build customizable dashboards for delivering ITaaS. As customers continue to transform their IT infrastructures, they require powerful—yet simple—new ways to better manage their ever-growing virtual data centers. With DataBridge, which will be available later this year, customers will have real-time IT infrastructure management data at their finger-tips. DataBridge will mashup management information to increase infrastructure visibility, improving overall IT operations management and investment decisions across both physical and virtual environments.
Traditional IT infrastructure management software provides deep, detailed insights into compute, storage and network, however these insights only represent a specific view of what's happening within the datacenter. With DataBridge, customers can break down these silos, combining and relating this infrastructure management data in a way that provides a more complete multi-dimensional view of their infrastructure. DataBridge will support EMC ProSphere®, EMC Data Protection Advisor™, EMC Unified Infrastructure Manager, EMC IT Operations Intelligence Suite™, EMC Storage Configuration Advisor™ and EMC AppSync®, in addition to non-EMC data sources. This enables customers and partners to build DataBridge widgets that combine the data from these products with other EMC management software and customer data sources in new, meaningful ways for increased visibility.
DataBridge will include the DataBridge studio, an enterprise mashup environment where customers will go to build DataBridge widget. With DataBridge studio, customers can build and add new DataBridge widgets to their DataBridge library to share with others in the organization—simply and quickly. It enables customers to automate the collection and consolidation of IT data from various sources, filter that data with business logic and add visualizations, all packaged in use-case specific DataBridge widgets. With a few clicks, IT operation teams can build and modify intuitive dashboards from a library of pre-built widgets that can be dragged-and-dropped into their dashboard.
DataBridge integrates IT operations data, embeds business logic and generates rich interactive dashboards in new ways, enabling customers to:
Leverage Existing Investments