EMC Transforms the Midrange with VNX Family Enhancements
Lowers Starting Price for Flash by 38%; Extends VNX Family with New VNXe3150; VMware Partnership Adds Real-Time Storage Analytics for VNX
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- EMC® continues its FLASH 1st leadership with VNX® storage pool enhancements that increase performance and efficiency—including a 38% lower initial acquisition cost for Flash drive tiers.
- Today EMC extended its VNXe® Series with the new VNXe3150, delivering 50% more performance and capacity per rack unit, while retaining industry leading simplicity.
- New EMC AppSync™ software delivers a simple approach for protecting virtualized Microsoft applications with a single click in VNX environments.
- Today, in related news, EMC and VMware extended their partnership to put the powerful visualization and patented analytics capability of VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite into the hands of storage administrators with the new VNX Storage Analytics Suite.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com.
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect.
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012."
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today transformed its award-winning VNX unified storage solutions with new hardware and software enhancements. EMC introduced the new VNXe 3150 storage system, combining 50% more performance and capacity per rack unit with the simplicity for which the award-winning VNXe line is known.
EMC also advanced its leadership in enterprise Flash technology with new capabilities that improve Flash drive efficiency while lowering costs, deliver application protection and simplify management of storage in VMware environments. The VNX series has been expressly designed to take advantage of the latest innovation in Flash drive technology, maximizing storage system performance and efficiency while minimizing cost per GB. When Flash drives are combined with the EMC FAST™ Suite, customers capture the optimal benefits of a FLASH 1st strategy.
New Storage Pool Efficiencies Improve FLASH 1st Strategy
- New VNX storage pool enhancements will offer increased efficiency with a 38% lower starting purchase cost for Flash tiers. Customers will be able to mix RAID types within a storage pool—for example, RAID 5 for Flash and RAID 6 for NL-SAS—for maximum efficiency and maximum protection.
New VNXe3150 Delivers Quad Core Performance at Entry Level Pricing
- EMC's VNXe 3150 extends its award-winning VNXe Series, which is purpose-built for IT generalists. The new VNXe 3150, optimized for cloud computing and virtualized applications, provides increased performance and capacity by 50% per rack unit and remains simple for IT generalists managing virtual environments. This product retains the VNXe family's industry-leading simplicity for managing virtual environments, and is available exclusively through EMC's Velocity™ Solution Provider Partners or Authorized Resellers.
Improved Virtualized Application Protection and Monitoring with One-Click