EMC VPLEX Sets New Standard for Hybrid Cloud Availability and Protection
New Combination of VPLEX AccessAnywhere and RecoverPoint ProtectEverywhere Technologies Deliver Unique High-Availability Active/Active Virtual Storage
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- New enhancements to EMC® VPLEX™ operating environment delivers 40% more performance and 2X the scalability than the previous release.
- New VPLEX integration with VMware™ vSphere® Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA) and VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
- EMC is delivering the industry's only high availability three-site data center protection solution for active/active Hybrid Cloud deployments with RecoverPoint and VPLEX.
- EMC's VPLEX ecosystem, which includes VMware certification for VMware™ vSphere® Metro Storage Clustering (see news release), was recently expanded to now include Oracle certification for EMC VPLEX METRO in a stretch cluster configuration (see news release).
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld. Follow @EMCVPLEX and @EMCRecoverPoint for all the latest news on VPLEX and RecoverPoint. Join in the conversation using #VPLEX and #RecoverPoint
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook. Like EMC VPLEX to stay up to date on the world's first local and distributed federation platform, and EMC RecoverPoint for continuous data protection
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012"
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced that the powerful new combination of EMC VPLEX virtual storage with EMC RecoverPoint data protection is defining a new standard for Hybrid Cloud availability and protection. This new combination delivers the industry's first solution to combine active-active data centers with third site disaster recovery protection, affording customers the high availability benefits of VPLEX AccessAnywhere™ cache coherency technology and the comprehensive ProtectEverywhere™ of RecoverPoint across all EMC and non-EMC block storage.
With 40% more performance, new performance monitoring and 2X the scale of previous versions, EMC VPLEX delivers customers mobility, availability and collaboration to be deployed to an even greater number of IT environments—including VMware vSphere and Oracle RAC. VPLEX distributed virtual storage simplifies virtual environments, by enabling the same data to be accessible simultaneously across virtual servers. These new VPLEX features enable VPLEX virtual storage to be managed directly from VMware vSphere further streamlining management in virtual environments.
As customers increasingly take advantage of the flexibility and choice to store and serve information with a Hybrid Cloud, these new EMC VPLEX and RecoverPoint capabilities combine to deliver the mobility, availability and data protection required to transform their IT environments to take advantage of the Hybrid Cloud.
VPLEX can now deliver customers new levels of: