New EMC Product, Program and Practices Expand Partner Cloud Opportunities
New EMC Channel Initiatives Enable Partners to Address the Fast-Growing Cloud Market
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- Following the recent launch of the company's new channel-only VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure, EMC today announced new initiatives and technology that will help channel partners worldwide accelerate their customers' journey to cloud computing.
- New EMC® Velocity™ Cloud Practices––Cloud Builder and Cloud Provider––enable partners to transform their business by providing advanced capabilities for the design, deployment and operation of cloud infrastructures based on EMC technology.
- New EMC Cooperative Services offer Velocity Specialty partners the opportunity to brand and deliver high-value services that accelerate profitability by supplementing their existing skills and investments with EMC's proven services expertise.
- EMC today introduced the new EMC VNXe®3150. Optimized for organizations building virtualized, private cloud environments, the VNXe3150––which is built for the channel––offers 50% more performance and capacity per rack unit, while retaining industry-leading simplicity for IT generalists managing virtual environments.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com.
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect.
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp. Also follow the @EMCchannel account and join the #GPS2012 and #EMCWorld conversations.
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook.
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012."
Today at EMC World, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced new initiatives and products to enable the company's worldwide network of channel partners to accelerate their customers' journey to cloud computing. Together with the EMC VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure announced in April 2012, and the new VMAX® Service Provider (SP) platform, announced last week, the new EMC Cloud Builder and Cloud Provider Practices, EMC Cooperative Services and the new VNXe3150 unified storage platform provide EMC partners with the industry's most comprehensive and flexible cloud-enabling capability.
Today's announcements are a continuation of EMC's journey to the cloud. In 2011, EMC announced the Velocity Service Provider program to jointly develop solutions and services with targeted, established service providers. Those partners who successfully complete the Cloud Provider designation requirements will be included in the Velocity Service Provider Program. Today, there are more than 160 EMC-powered services being delivered by over 50 EMC Velocity Service providers around the world.