New EMC VMAX Enterprise Storage Family Accelerates Transformation to the Hybrid Cloud
EMC VMAX Family Gets More Powerful, More Trusted, and Smarter with Significant New Platform Enhancements; New VMAX 40K Enterprise Storage System Delivers Up to 3X Performance and More than 2X Usable Capacity than Any Other Offering in the Industry
LAS VEGAS, May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC WORLD 2012 --
- EMC today announced the new EMC® VMAX™ Family of enterprise storage arrays, a lineup that offers the world's most comprehensive range of Powerful, Trusted and Smart storage solutions for enterprises of all sizes as they build Hybrid Clouds.
- The new family includes the revolutionary new VMAX 40K, defining an entirely new class of enterprise storage with up-to 3X more performance, and more than 2X more usable capacity than any other offering in the industry. The VMAX 40K also offers new configurations using 2.5" SAS drives and MLC (eMLC) Flash drives.
- The new Unisphere® for VMAX streamlines and simplifies the operational management of the VMAX Family.
- New Federated Tiered Storage (FTS) for VMAX, a new, no-charge feature through which external arrays can be used either as capacity pools for FAST VP (Fully Automated Storage Tiering for Virtual Pools) or managed as pass-through devices.
- FAST VP for VMAX now supports IBM System z mainframes and IBM i servers.
- New EMC RecoverPoint™ integration across the entire VMAX Family.
- New enhancements to Enginuity™, the VMAX operating software, is available across all members of the EMC VMAX Family, plus existing EMC VMAX and EMC VMAXe arrays sold since 2009.
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: To track the latest EMC World 2012 happenings and view live general session streaming videos, visit www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: To view live streaming of keynote presentations, visit https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: For continuous EMC World news and event updates, follow EMC on Twitter at @EMCWorld and @EMCCorp and join the conversations using #EMCWorld. Follow @EMCSymmetrix for all the latest news on VMAX 40K and join in the conversation using #VMAX
- Facebook: To view highlight videos, interviews and more, like EMC on Facebook. Like EMC Symmetrix to stay up to date on the world's smartest storage platform
- Flickr: View photos of EMC World on Flickr and tag your EMC World photos with "EMC World 2012"
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced the new EMC VMAX Family, consisting of the VMAX 10K, VMAX 20K and the newest member of the family, the VMAX 40K. The new EMC VMAX Family is a comprehensive lineup of enterprise storage arrays, all built upon the industry-leading Virtual Matrix Architecture first introduced in April 2009. Complementing the new EMC VMAX Family is a host of new software capabilities that streamline operations and extend the market-proven VMAX to new hosts and applications, while integrating customers' existing storage assets into an integrated and unified pool of storage resources. Combined, the scalable EMC VMAX Family offers the most powerful, most trusted, smartest and most efficient enterprise information infrastructure for deploying Hybrid Clouds.
The EMC VMAX Family is anchored by the new VMAX 40K, a revolutionary new product that establishes new maximums for performance, capacity and scale in the enterprise storage market. Delivering as much as 3X more performance and 2X the usable capacity of any other enterprise storage product, the VMAX 40K is optimized to support hyper-consolidation of the world's most demanding big data, transaction processing, analytics and cloud computing applications.