Sidecar Revolutionizes Phone Calls by Bringing “Smart Calling” to Smartphones
First app to re-imagine phone calls for smartphones makes calling and sharing live See What I See video, photos, contacts and locations easy and fun for iOS and Android users
Launching today, Sidecar (www.sidecar.me) is a new mobile app that brings Smart Calling to smartphones. Smart Calling allows people to share live See What I See video, brilliant photos, contact information, and locations, all while they talk. The Sidecar app is free to use and download from Apple’s App Store (http://itunes.com/apps/sidecarme) or Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.sidecar&hl=en).
In addition, people can call anyone in the U.S. or Canada for free, even if the recipient of the call is not a Sidecar user. When the call ends, the recipient will receive a text message inviting them to join Sidecar.
“Until now, voice calling has sat in a silo by itself. People who wanted to do more than talk had to toggle back and forth between voice calls and whatever else they wanted to share with the person they were calling,” said Rob Williams, chief executive officer of Sidecar. “Sidecar tears down these barriers and lets people easily share live video, location, photos, and contacts while they talk. The result is a more fun, engaging, and expressive conversation.”
With Sidecar, people can call and share:
- See What I See Video: Sidecar users can share amazing real-time videos of what’s happening around them.
- Photos: Sidecar users can snap brilliant pictures, or share photos from their phone’s library, instantly with other Sidecar users.
- Locations: Sidecar lets users look at an interactive map, see where they are in relation to the person they’re calling, and share locations to meet up.
- Contact Information: Sidecar lets users pass along and integrate contacts from their phone’s address book.
- Whisper Text: Send a private text message to another Sidecar user during a call, and keep the conversation going when it’s hard to talk.
And, the price is unbeatable:
- Sidecar users can call anywhere in the world for free: As long as both parties are using the Sidecar app, users can talk as long as they like for free.
- Sidecar users can call anyone in the U.S. or Canada for free over Wi-Fi: The person you’re calling doesn’t need to have the app. When you call, they’ll receive a text message telling them how to download Sidecar so next time you can use Sidecar’s exclusive Smart Calling features.
“There has been tremendous innovation in smartphones in every area except the basic phone call,” said Rob Glaser, chairman and co-founder of Sidecar. “Over 800 million people around the world have smartphones; the time is right to re-imagine what a phone call can be. That’s the mission of Sidecar.”
How People Can Use Sidecar
Here are some examples of how people can use Sidecar today:
H3O Communications for Sidecar
MaryJo Fitzgerald, 920-420-6832
All Rights Reserved.