Quest Software Readies Virtual Desktops for Windows 8
Users are expected to realize tremendous gains from the new capabilities in Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 but, like any migration to a new version of Windows, this will require significant testing and preparation to ensure a smooth and timely rollout. Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) has responded to this need by enabling corporations to ready their virtual desktop environments for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 today and have added other key technology advancements to their User Workspace Management portfolio.
Desktop Virtualization 7.6 (formerly vWorkspace) incorporates
industry-leading features that guide corporations in building a next
generation environment that delivers the user workspace on any desktop
- Offers first-to-market experimental support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, giving organizations a forward view of how these latest technologies will affect desktop virtualization environments
- Addresses BYOD initiatives by providing insights into which devices (iPad, Macs, Android, etc.) users are employing to access their virtual desktops and use that information to create a context-aware workspace
- Supports the latest Microsoft releases: System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012, SQL Server 2012
for Virtual Desktops 5.6.3 a brings powerful diagnostics and rich
visualization to Quest Workspace Desktop Virtualization environments:
- Advanced Resource Monitoring provides vFoglight functionality for monitoring performance and resources in desktop virtualization infrastructures
- Microsoft App-V Integration allows customers to identify exactly which App-V application is being used in Workspace Desktop Virtualization
- Advanced Load Balancing enables customers to distribute the monitoring load in very large environments
- Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Quest Software, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.