Quest Software Previews Dynamic Access Control Management in Windows Server 2012 with Security Explorer
Dynamic access control to be focus at #msteched w/ @Quest Security Explorer 9.0. Beta test details: http://bit.ly/NWPMtk #SXP9DAC
One of the big security challenges in a Windows domain environment is ensuring that files – all files, not just the ones IT knows about – have the correct security applied to them. Security risks to an organization are compounded by the fact that native tools do not have the ability to back up or restore permissions, even with the development of Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control. Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) has responded to this need with Security Explorer, which enables organizations to manage Dynamic Access Control to provide stronger Windows security management and achieve regulatory compliance.
Security Explorer enhances Windows Server 2012 by providing IT
administrators with one platform for managing access controls and
security across a Windows network environment.
- Enables administrators to add, remove, and modify NTFS permissions that were created within the Dynamic Access Control framework, streamlining and simplifying its management
- Provides the flexibility to manage Dynamic Access Control using Windows 7 clients that are members of the Windows Server 2012 domain
- Maintains business continuity when data is lost by backing up and restoring Dynamic Access Control permissions
- Saves time by allowing IT to copy, paste, load and save conditional expressions from one object to another
- Eases the creation of conditional expressions, because it can take a while to create conditional expressions natively
- Quest will showcase Security Explorer in booth 801 at Microsoft TechEd, June 11-14, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
- Improve management of Dynamic Access Control in Windows Server 2012 by signing up for the Security Explorer 9 beta at www.quest.com/sxp9
- Quest news releases: www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
Quest Software, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.