Quest Software Introduces NetVault LiteSpeed for SQL Server High-Availability Edition
Tweet this: Newly launched LiteSpeed for SQL Server High-Availability Edition combines SQL backup & compression with CDP http://bit.ly/LBZv8k
Quest Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSFT) today announced the availability of NetVault® LiteSpeed® for SQL Server High-Availability Edition, a new product suite that delivers enhanced protection for critical SQL Server databases by combining best-in-class backup and compression with real continuous data protection (CDP) technology. The new bundle pairs NetVault LiteSpeed for SQL Server 7.0, the latest release of Quest’s core SQL Server backup product, with NetVault FastRecover, the company’s patented CDP solution.
With NetVault LiteSpeed for SQL
Server High-Availability Edition, LiteSpeed customers can augment
their SQL Server protection strategy with NetVault FastRecover, which
complements LiteSpeed by adding near-instantaneous restore and
site-to-site replication capabilities.
- A finalist for the prestigious 2012 Best of Tech Ed Award in the Backup and Recovery category, NetVault FastRecover captures byte-level changes in SQL Server as they occur, and, using Quest’s patented FlashRestore™ technology, enables administrators to recover critical databases to any point in time in just seconds following a corruption or data loss, meeting even the strictest recovery time and recovery point objectives.
- NetVault FastRecover also enables customers to replicate between data centers to protect critical remote offices and branch offices (ROBOs) against site disaster.
- In addition to SQL Server, NetVault FastRecover also provides backup and FlashRestore capabilities for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Windows file-system data.
The newly released NetVault LiteSpeed for SQL Server 7.0 also features
a host of enhancements designed to help organizations further speed
SQL backups and reduce storage requirements, including:
- Support for Microsoft’s new AlwaysOn Availability Group databases, enabling SQL Server 2012 customers to create secondary copies of critical databases for high availability
- Fast Compression support for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backups, meaning TSM customers now can leverage LiteSpeed Fast Compression technology, which deduplicates data at the server level during backups, so users can maintain optimal backup performance while reducing their storage footprint by up to 85 percent
- Improved backup templates, for simplified management of the entire SQL Server environment
- Enhanced “restore as compressed” functionality, enabling customers to save disk space when a restore to a non-production environment is needed.
- LiteSpeed for SQL Server High-Availability Edition supports SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008/R2, and 2012, and initially will be made available to customers at a limited-time discount price of $4,995, a 35 percent discount off standard list pricing.
- John Maxwell, vice president, data protection product management, Quest Software
“In the face of continuously shrinking budgets, IT departments need to constantly find ways to do more with less. With NetVault LiteSpeed for SQL Server High-Availability Edition, Quest has leveraged the breadth of its data protection portfolio to create a cost-effective bundle that enables customers to ensure a high-level of protection and availability for critical SQL Server databases, both on-prem and in remote and branch offices.”
Quest Software, Inc.
Scott Desiere, 949-754-8617
All Rights Reserved.