Research and Markets: Russia - Mobile Market Insights and Statistics
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g2hqbp/russia_mobile_ma) has announced the addition of the "Russia - Mobile Market Insights and Statistics" report to their offering.
Russia has the largest mobile market in Europe, approaching some 230 million subscribers. A number of mobile network operators offer services although the market is dominated by three major operators (MTS, VimpelCom and MegaFon), which have expanded nationally through acquisitions of smaller regional service providers. Competition in the key markets of Moscow and St Petersburg is fierce, due to higher concentration of wealth in the two cities. Russia's recent economic woes, partly resulting from the ongoing global financial crisis, have impacted growth in the telecom sector although this is expected to pick up from 2013 in line with the overall economy. Mobile SIM card penetration has surpassed 150% although actual mobile user penetration is lower due to the popularity of multiple SIM card use. Deployment of WCDMA/HSPA networks presents a new growth opportunity through the offering of mobile broadband services, while the evolving LTE sector offers considerable promise.
This report provides a concise overview of Russia's mobile market, covering regulatory developments, the major mobile operators including MegaFon, VimpelCom and Tele2, as well as technologies and mobile data, content and applications, and a variety of financial and operational statistics.
- Yota and Rostelecom share resources for LTE networks
- MTS and VimpelCom sign LTE network construction deal
- Rostelecom given Ministry of Defence clearance to develop LTE in the 2.3GHz band
- MNOs in forces for m-commerce platform
- MegaFon attracts 700,000 mobile TV subs
- Yota launches LTE service in Moscow
- VimpelCom merges with seven subsidiary companies
- MTS awarded Moscow's first LTE license
- Roskomnadzor cancels large number of radio frequency permissions
- Government withdraws DVB-H funding
- 900MHz used for 3G following technological neutrality ruling
- MegaFon begins migrating GSM in Moscow to 3G in the 900MHz band
- Regulator's 2011 market data
- Telcos' financial and operating data to Q1 2012
- Market developments into 2012
- Tele2 Russia
- Volga Telecom
- SMARTS Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g2hqbp/russia_mobile_ma