Top 10 Benefits of an Electronic Medical Records System for Physical Therapists
The advantages of implementing an electronic medical records (EMR) system is a core feature of President Obama’s healthcare reform. Physical therapist and international marketing expert, Nitin Chhoda, is an advocate for office systems that increase productivity and profitability. He’s offering physical therapists his new list of top10 benefits for using an EMR, and free physical therapy documentation software to make the transition easier.
Denville, NJ (PRWEB) July 12, 2012
“The value can’t be understated,” said Chhoda. “Physical therapy software offers distinct advantages over paper records and computerized data. Patients receive better care and therapists are reimbursed quicker. Analytics and metrics allow practice owners to market their practice with greater success.”
Chhoda cited the following top 10 advantages of an electronic medical records system.
- Accessibility – Records are available instantly from virtually any locale, with a complete tally of treatments, prescriptions and procedures from other healthcare providers.
- Patient care – Physical therapy scheduling software allows practice owners to treat more patients with better efficiency.
- Documentation – Patient records can be updated on the go, providing evidence in the event of a lawsuit, while reducing or eliminating reimbursement paybacks.
- Faster reimbursements – Physical therapy billing is fast, can often be ready for submission before clients leave the office, and can be submitted electronically.
- Integration – EMRs fit into a practice’s normal workflow and activities, including faxing and prescription call-ins.
- Minimize risk – Physical therapists can identify patients that need reminders, those with a history of no-shows, and those that self-terminate treatment.
- Referrals – Therapists can determine where referrals are originating, the number of new patients coming into the practice, and how many individuals actually make an appointment.
- Marketing – EMRs offer physical therapy management to ascertain the effectiveness of marketing endeavors and where to focus future efforts.
- Scheduling – Practice owners can control labor costs more effectively and schedule staff when and where they’re most needed.
- Productivity – An EMR system facilitates the use and deployment of resources, allowing therapists to treat more patients, save time in documentation, and learn where to expand services or even open a new facility.
Chhoda’s new top 10 advantages for utilizing electronic medical records offers practice owners with additional incentives for implementing a physical therapy documentation system. The well-known marketer will soon be offering free physical therapy software to assist therapists in making the switch to an electronic-based system. Developed by Ritika Gulrajani, PT, DPT, the software is designed for use with the iPad and offers a complete solution for physical therapy management.
Chhoda’s office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. For more information, visit the website at http://www.emrnews.com.
ABOUT NITIN CHHODA
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and an entrepreneur. He is the author of "Physical Therapy Marketing For The New Economy" and “Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics” and is a prolific speaker, writer and creator of products and systems to streamline medical billing and coding, electronic medical records, health care practice management and marketing to increase referrals. He has been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems and the annual Private Practice Summit. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He is also the creator of the Therapy Newsletter and Clinical Contact, both web-based services to help private practices improve communication with patients, delivery better quality of care and boost patient retention.