Back to School: Her Campus Releases 2012 College Rankings
The best in academics, dining hall food, bros, looks, social media and much, much more.
Boston, MA (PRWEB) July 19, 2012
These are the best of the best in higher education. Schools that may not be Ivy, but deserve to be placed amongst them. Colleges where you may find a future Olympian, celebrity, maybe even a president or two roaming the halls. Campuses where students are addicted to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and their dream wedding on Pinterest.
There is even a little love for a species known as "the bro."
With a team of over 3,000 student experts at more than 200 colleges and universities across the country, Her Campus (http://www.hercampus.com) the #1 online community for college women, is proud to announce its totally traditional, yet 100% non-traditional 2012 College Rankings.
“We wanted to showcase those schools that go above and beyond to provide a complete collegiate experience — whatever that means to them,” said Her Campus Co-Founder, CEO & Editor-in-Chief Stephanie Kaplan. “These rankings showcase the diversity of our student ambassadors and the campuses themselves, demonstrating how each school is unique in its own way while having (more than) a little bit of fun.”
Colleges were ranked in 13 different categories ranging from the best schools to study abroad, to those that provide the best GBFF’s (Gay Best Friend Forever’s) to accommodate for the lack of single men, to those whose dining halls rival five-star restaurants, and beyond.
2012 COLLEGE RANKINGS
Rankings with detailed descriptions of each school can be found at: http://www.hercampus.com/her-campuss-2012-college-rankings/
Most Attractive (Schools with the most attractive men)
1) Wake Forest University, 2) The University of Virginia, 3) The University of Wisconsin, 4) James Madison University, 5) Boston College, 6) The University of California at Santa Barbara, 7) Colby College, 8) Yale University, 9) Georgetown University, 10) Duke University.
Tradition U (Schools that embrace tradition the most)
1) College of William and Mary, 2) United States Military Academy – West Point, 3) Auburn University, 4) Harvard University, 5) Stanford University, 6) Yale University, 7) Howard University 8) The University of Georgia, 9) Dickinson College, 10) The University of Iowa.
Five Star Dining (Schools with the best on-campus food)
1) Bowdoin College, 2) Cornell University, 3) Middlebury College, 4) The University of Georgia, 5) Virginia Tech, 6) Claremont McKenna, 7) Princeton University 8) Washington University in St. Louis, 9) University of Portland, 10) Gustavus Adolphus College.
Olympic U (The most Olympic schools)
1) The University of Southern California, 2) The University of California Los Angeles, 3) Stanford University, 4) The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 5) The University of California Berkeley 6) Harvard University, 7) The University of Texas 8) The University of Florida 9) The University of Michigan, 10) Indiana University.
Social Media Savvy (The best schools for social media addicts)
1) Emerson College, 2) The University of Kentucky, 3) Harvard University, 4) The University of Texas, 5) Johns Hopkins University, 6) Ohio State University, 7) The University of Michigan, 8) Babson College, 9) Stanford University, 10) American University.
The New, New Ivies (Schools that have seen a rapid rise in academic reputation)
1) The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2) Tufts University, 3) Carnegie Mellon University, 4) The University of Notre Dame, 5) Rice University, 6) Johns Hopkins University, 7) Washington University in St. Louis, 8) Northeastern University, 9) Emory University, 10) Boston College.
Barstool Sports / Jenna Marbles Schools (The coolest, most fun-loving schools)
1) Boston University, 2) University of South Carolina, 3) The University of Wisconsin, 4) Harvard University, 5) New York University, 6) Cal State Northridge, 7) Yale University, 8) The University of Florida, 9) Colorado State University, 10) Georgetown University.
Newsworthy - Making News (Schools that have found themselves in the headlines)
1) Penn State, 2) Boston University, 3) The University of California Berkeley, 4) The University of Michigan, 5) The University of Virginia.
Newsworthy - Breaking News (Schools that excel in student media)
1) The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2) Northwestern University, 3) The University of Florida, 4) The University of Maryland, 5) Ohio University.