Palamida Announces Enterprise Edition 6 for Open Source Scanning and Management
Latest Version of Open Source Scanning Solution Adds New Metadata Framework and Expanded Update Service
Palamida today announced Enterprise Edition 6, the latest edition of its industry-leading solution for open source intellectual property and vulnerability risk management. Enterprise Edition 6 adds a number of new capabilities to help users manage and secure their use of open source and other third-party software within their development projects.
- A new metadata framework and advanced search feature lets organizations efficiently centralize and utilize a wide variety of information about their software projects – information which is typically scattered across multiple systems and applications.
- Additional license compatibility reference information gives legal professionals the information they need to manage their organization’s intellectual property policies accurately.
- New connectors for Subversion and Git source code management systems are the latest out-of-the-box integration features that allow simple connections to code repositories to ensure that appropriate codebase snapshots are audited as part of a continuous integration strategy.
- A new Third-Party Notices Report simplifies and automates a key legal deliverable for third party software license compliance.
- Palamida’s Update Service now includes weekly updates to compliance library, automated AutoExpert™ rules and other system data ensuring that users have timely access to information about open source projects, licensing and security issues.
- A new installer makes system installation and startup automated and error-free.
Backed by a library of over 3 billion open source files, and multiple scanning techniques for both source and binary code, Palamida Enterprise Edition 6 offers a single system for identification of software content, management of policy for use and compliance with license obligations.
“Actively managing open source software use has become a standard practice for development organizations worldwide,” said Mark Tolliver, CEO of Palamida. “From game manufacturers to global financial firms, our customers are using open source software as a essential part of their development strategy, often with the result that well over half of their code comes from developers outside their organization. As a result, their ability to manage and secure their development from the standpoint of both intellectual property and vulnerabilities is a fundamental requirement. With Enterprise Edition 6, we are continuing to give them a broader and more complete set of features to make this job easier and more accurate.”
About Palamida, Inc.
Palamida provides solutions and services for Software Composition Analysis, and answers the question “What’s in Your Code?” . The Palamida Enterprise Edition uses component-level analysis to quickly identify and track software components and versions, their license, license obligations, and known security vulnerabilities. Using Palamida Enterprise Edition, organizations can cost-effectively manage and secure their use of open source and other third party software in their development projects.