Research and Markets: Italy - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts. Updated Report
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ttw6k5/italy_telecoms) has announced the addition of the "Italy - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Concerted efforts to deliver widespread FttH by 2015
- In 2004, only 4% of mobile subscribers in Italy used 3G technology, but by mid- 2012 this had increased to about 50%, one of the highest proportions in Europe.
- Revenue per active SIM card has fallen by about 15% since 2008 in the wake of competitive pressure and regulatory measures.
- An auction to reallocate TV frequencies, expected in late 2012, will address efficiency in spectrum use as well as the need for the government to secure up to 1.2 billion in revenue. Licences for frequencies in the 700MHz range will be focussed on enabling broadband access from 2015.
- Fibre broadband developments are quickening, with Metroweb planning a scheme worth some 4.5 billion and covering 30 major cities by 2015.
- The drive towards LTE has been facilitated by operators gaining access to the 1800MHz band at the end of 2011. The 2.6GHz band will be available by the end of 2012, and the 800MHz band at the start of 2013, following analogue switch-off by broadcasters.
This report provides a comprehensive overview of trends and developments in Italy's telecommunications market. The report analyses the mobile, internet, broadband, digital TV and converging media sectors.
This report is essential reading for those needing high level strategic information and objective analysis on the telecom sector in Italy.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key Statistics
2. Telecommunications Market
2.1 Overview of Italy's telecom market
2.2 Economic difficulties
3. Regulatory Environment
3.2 Regulatory authority
3.3 Telecom sector liberalisation in Italy
4. Fixed Network Operators
5. Telecommunications Infrastructure
5.1 National and Internation telecom network
5.2 Infrastructure developments
6. Broadband Market
6.2 Cable modems
6.3 Asymmetrical Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL)
6.4 Fibre-to-the-Home (FttH) networks
6.5 Wireless broadband
6.6 Mobile broadband
6.7 Internet via satellite
7. Digital Media
7.2 Key general trends
7.3 Business models
7.3.1 Bundled services
7.4 Regulatory issues
7.5 Digital TV (DTV)
8. Mobile Communications
8.1 Overview of Italy's mobile market
8.2 Regulatory issues
8.3 Mobile technologies
8.4 Major mobile operators
8.5 Mobile voice services
8.6 Mobile Messaging
8.7 Mobile data services
8.8 Mobile content and applications
- Telecom Italia
- Sky Italia
- BT Italia
For more information, including full table od contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ttw6k5/italy_telecoms