New Littelfuse TVS Diode Arrays Provide Better Protection of State-of-the-Art Chipsets
Protects Keypads, Buttons, Switches, and Low-Speed I/Os on Consumer Electronics from ESD
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, has expanded its SP1005 and SP1007 Series General Purpose TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Devices) with two new 0402 size devices designed to offer modern integrated circuits (ICs) better protection from electrostatic discharge (ESD). The low dynamic resistances of the SP1005-01ETG and SP1007-01ETG allow them to provide a clamping voltage up to 80 percent lower than competing technologies, such as Multi-Layer Varistors (MLVs). Typical applications include protection of keypads, buttons, switches, and low-speed I/Os on consumer electronics such as smartphones, tablet computers, e-readers, portable navigation devices, digital cameras, portable medical devices, etc.
“Modern chipsets are inherently more susceptible to damage from overvoltage events like ESD,” said Chad Marak, product manager for Littelfuse TVS Diode Arrays. “By expanding our SP1005 and SP1007 Series to include 0402 size devices, we give circuit designers two new tools to protect today’s sensitive chipsets used for consumer electronics and computing applications.”
SP1005-01ETG and SP1007-01ETG General Purpose TVS Diode Arrays offer these key features and benefits:
- Low dynamic resistance (0.7Ω for SP1005-01ETG, 1.9Ω for SP1007-01ETG), which provides a clamping voltage up to 80 percent lower than competing ESD protection technologies, such as MLVs
- Enhanced ESD capability (±30kV for SP1005-01ETG, ±8kV for SP1007-01ETG), which allows manufacturers to claim ESD protection above the maximum rating in the IEC61000-4-2 standard
- Space-efficient SOD882 (0402) package, which requires just 1.0 x 0.6 x 0.55 mm of board space
- Low leakage current rating of 0.1μA at 5V minimizes drain on Li-ion battery packs in battery-powered devices
- Greater capability to protect state-of-the-art chipsets
- Greater product reliability in the field
- Greater flexibility to place the protection device in any area of a circuit or right at the port being protected to maximize its clamping capability
- Longer device operating times for longer operation between recharges
For More Information
If you have questions or require technical support, please contact the Littelfuse technical support hotline at 1-800-999-9445. For circuit protection application design ideas, please visit the Application Design Center section of the Littelfuse website.
Rhonda Stratton, Marketing Communications Manager, 773-628-0644
All Rights Reserved.