Splunk Inc. Announces Fiscal Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results
Company Achieves Record Revenues, License Revenue Grows 56 Percent
Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, today announced results for its fiscal third quarter ended October 31, 2012.
“We are pleased to welcome more than 350 new Enterprise customers to the Splunk family and also want to recognize the many customers who expanded their use of Splunk software during the quarter,” said Godfrey Sullivan, Chairman and CEO. “Our license revenues were the result of broad adoption by our customers in financial services, technology, telecommunications and government sectors.”
Third Quarter 2013 Financial Highlights
- Total revenue was $52.0 million, up 67% year-over-year.
- License revenue was $34.6 million, up 56% year-over-year.
GAAP operating loss was $5.4 million; GAAP operating margin was
Non-GAAP operating loss was $0.7 million; non-GAAP operating margin was negative 1.3%.
- GAAP net loss was $5.5 million and included $4.7 million in non-cash, stock-based compensation expenses; non-GAAP net loss was $0.8 million.
- GAAP loss per share was $0.06 based on a 96.7 million weighted-average share count; non-GAAP loss per share was $0.01.
- Operating cash flow was $6.5 million with free cash flow of $4.2 million.
A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is provided in the accompanying table.
Third Quarter 2013 and Recent Business Highlights
New license customers include: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, China Mobile, Churchill Downs, Daimler AG, Eldorado (Russia), Getty Images, Hyundai Kia (Korea), Kohl's Department Stores, Newell Rubbermaid, PCCW Now (Hong Kong), South Australia Police, TCS Bank (Russia), U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Education and Vodafone Australia.
Expansion customers include: Adobe, Ceryx Inc., Cisco, Comcast, Commercial Bank of Qatar, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Interactive Data, Major League Baseball, Moody's, Purdue University, UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions (UBIS – Italy), University of Connecticut, U.S. Department of Energy and Vattenfall Europe Information Services GmbH.
- Announced the general availability (GA) of Splunk® Enterprise 5, the fastest, most resilient version of the company's flagship product. The latest release also includes additional developer tools for building big data applications.
- Released the GA version of Splunk Storm™, a cloud service for organizations that develop and run applications in the public cloud.
Developers and Content: