Salesforce.com Launches Social Ads Platform for Twitter With New Twitter Ads API
For the first time ever, the world's largest brands and agencies can now manage Twitter advertising at scale alongside all of their existing social marketing programs with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced it has launched a Social Ads Platform for Twitter using the new Twitter ads API. For the first time ever, marketers can now manage Twitter advertising at scale alongside all of their existing social marketing programs with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Comments on the News
- "Successful Twitter marketing has evolved and must be more holistic than just publishing content," said Michael Lazerow, CMO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, salesforce.com. "From the CMO to the community manager, our customers will see increased efficiency and return on investment from our new Social Ads Platform for Twitter, combined with our industry leading Twitter Certified Products for engagement and analytics."
- "As we built out Twitter's ads API, we knew it would be important to work closely with our advertising partners to understand how to effectively scale their marketing campaigns," said Adam Bain, president of global revenue, Twitter. "We are delighted to continue to build upon our long-standing relationship with salesforce.com, and bring campaign management into the same suite as their leading listening and engagement products."
- "We're excited that our teams are premier Twitter API users through the Salesforce Marketing Cloud," said Lisa Cucinotta, associate director of social media, Resolution Media, an Omnicom Group company. "We believe that this will result in improved management efficiencies, targeting and optimization capabilities, and stronger insights, which in turn will help us drive better results for clients through Twitter advertising programs."
New Salesforce Marketing Cloud Social Ads Platform for Twitter
With the new Salesforce Marketing Cloud Social Ads Platform for Twitter, brands and agencies will be able to:
- Build and execute real time Twitter advertising campaigns;
- Allow advertisers to more efficiently scale their campaigns on Twitter through innovative workflows; and
- Improve ROI through creative, bid and targeting optimization.
Salesforce.com Extends Salesforce Marketing Cloud Twitter Certified Products Leadership
Salesforce.com's new Twitter ads API product joins existing Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certified Twitter Products for Analytics and Engagement.
With the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certified Twitter Product for Analytics, brands and agencies can:
- Listen to the more than 400 million Tweets sent per day via access to the Twitter fire hose;
- Track real-time conversations from more than 540 million social sources across the web including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs and online communities;
- Apply social insights to make better business decisions in marketing, sales and service; and
- Access real-time dashboards that provide actionable insight including customer sentiment, demographics, intent and influence.
With the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Certified Twitter Product for Engagement, brands and agencies can:
- Build a community of advocates by connecting with customers when and where they are most engaged;
- Discover and respond to customers and prospects in real-time across social platforms beyond simple text by integrating videos, images and links;
- Scale engagement with social workflow and automation; and
- Leverage granular rights and permissions to give users the access they need without sacrificing security.
Salesforce Seamlessly Connects Marketing with Sales and Service
The real-time nature of social media has changed customer expectations and businesses must find ways to live up to those expectations, engage with customers faster, and quickly route feedback and opportunities internally.
Social marketing cannot live on an island, and salesforce.com helps transform and empower businesses by scaling social media across every department within the organization. With Salesforce, companies can integrate marketing activities with sales and customer service to connect with customers in entirely new ways.
Pricing and Availability