Compuware APM Announces Annual Best of the Web Award Winners
DETROIT, Feb. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced the 2013 winners of its annual Best of the Web awards honoring the top performing web, mobile and streaming sites.
The annual Best of the Web awards recognize the 'best of the best' companies across six major industries -- banking, brokerage, insurance, media, retail and travel. The winners in each industry earned top honors for web, mobile, or streaming performance excellence based on the average response time, availability and consistency of their sites throughout 2012.
The Best of the Web award winners work hard all year to ensure that their web, mobile and streaming site performances are differentiators that drive business. They also make a commitment to continuous improvement, as they evolve their sites to meet customers' needs and expectations and to provide exceptional customer experiences.
Winners in each industry receive Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards for home page or business transaction performance measured from the Internet backbone and the Gomez Last Mile, a global network of more than 150,000 desktop computers connected to 2,500 local ISPs in more than 168 countries around the globe. Winners in Mobile performance are based on measurement across three major carriers.
This year, Compuware provides special recognition for companies that stand apart for their continued excellence year over year. Among the winners, Fidelity Investments holds a special distinction as the only Gold award winner for four consecutive years. Compuware recognizes this outstanding achievement and congratulates Fidelity for this remarkable accomplishment.
The 2012 Best of the Web awards were also expanded to include the first streaming media leader. Along with slow web and mobile performance, viewers have become less tolerant of poor video quality and/or slow performance. As online video blossoms, its impact on customer experience has become critical. This year's Streaming Media Leader award recipient is Demand Media, which provided the best combined performance for availability, start-up time and rebuffer ratio measured from the Compuware Gomez streaming network of more than 50 locations across 25 countries.
The 2013 Best of the Web top award winners in each industry and category include:
- Check Account Details Transaction – Gold: US Bank
- Last Mile – Gold: Charles Schwab Bank
- Mobile Leader: KeyBank
- Generate Order Transaction – Gold: Fidelity
- Last Mile – Gold: Charles Schwab
Insurance (Auto & Property)
- Last Mile – Gold: The Hartford
- Mobile Leader: Liberty Mutual
- News Article Search Transaction - Gold: Associated Press
- Last Mile – Gold: CNN iReport
- Mobile Leader: CNN
- Product Order Transaction – Gold: Overstock.com
- Last Mile – Gold: Dell
- Mobile Leader: Amazon
- Airlines: Flight Search Transaction – Gold: JetBlue
- Airlines: Last Mile – Gold: AirTran Airways
- Airlines: Mobile Leader: LAN Airlines
- Hotels: Hotel Room Search Transaction – Gold: Best Western
- Hotels: Last Mile – Gold: Best Western
- Hotels: Mobile Leader: Fairmont
- Online Agents: Last Mile – Gold: Resort Vacations to Go
- Online Agents: Mobile Leader: Kayak
(C) Copyright 2013 GlobeNewswire, Inc. All rights reserved.