Covisint Extends Its Enterprise-Grade Identity Management Platform to Serve Organizations of All Sizes
DETROIT, Feb. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, today extended its Cloud Identity Services to make it significantly easier, faster and more secure for organizations of all sizes to manage external identities and services. Covisint already manages more than 18 million IDs for some of the world's largest organizations. Today's announcement makes it possible for small and medium enterprises to secure the identities of customers, employees, business partners and suppliers.
In today's hyper-connected and mobile world, organizations increasingly turn to the cloud to better engage with external communities that influence their success. In doing so, they often struggle to manage an explosion of digital identities, including a lack of internal expertise, the deep complexity of technology integrations, mobile device proliferation and cumbersome regulatory issues.
Covisint centralizes and automates processes surrounding the exposure, acceptance and monitoring of digital identities across security domains. Today's announcement radically improves speed-to-value by giving organizations a frictionless platform for identity and access management (IdM) to cloud and on-premise applications.
Covisint quickly and securely delivers enterprise-grade value to key business executives, including:
- VPs and lines of business -- speeding secure access to external and enterprise users who need quick access to hundreds of cloud applications;
- CIOs -- enabling rapid and on-budget IdM projects that meet existing and future needs;
- CMOs -- social media access management and customer experience management
- CFOs -- helping deal with regulatory issues, including Sarbanes Oxley requirements when leveraging cloud-based Sarbanes Oxley applications; and
- CSOs -- enabling traditional, on-premise identity and access management systems to access cloud-based applications while supporting compliancy to EU Data Privacy, Safe Harbor, HIPPA, and more.
With Covisint Cloud Identity Services as a building block, customers can use Covisint's cloud engagement platform to extend, enhance and create key business processes that support customer engagement, loyalty and revenue.
"The increased adoption of cloud, mobile and social technologies – combined with new business models – has extended the enterprise, creating a new set of challenges for managing identities," said Dave McGuffie, Covisint Chief Executive Officer. "We allow our customers to connect and engage with all the applications, organizations, devices and people necessary to grow their business in today's hyper-connected and mobile world. We are seeing customers across industries launch new business initiatives on our cloud engagement platform, with identity management leading the way."
(C) Copyright 2013 GlobeNewswire, Inc. All rights reserved.