ADARA Introduces Industry's First Meta Controller Engineered to Address Existing Gaps in Software Defined Networking
ADARA's Ecliptic Meta Controller is Designed to Enable Scalable Implementation of SDN for Service Providers and Enterprises, across all Industries
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ADARA Networks®, a global software company in the Software Defined Networking space, today announced the introduction of the Ecliptic Meta Controller, a layer 1-7 controller, designed to address existing gaps within the Software Defined Networking (SDN) space. The controller enables the implementation of SDN for both service providers and enterprises, of all sizes and across all industries, and would positively impact their profitability.
The Meta Controller is engineered to implement and manage all supervisory programs in the data center and network infrastructure, including SDN controllers, cloud computing software, hypervisors and network hypervisors, and all common northbound and southbound APIs, thereby alleviating the need for costly multiple management systems and communication delays/interruptions/missteps, which continue to be concerns for service providers and enterprises, alike.
"As bandwidth demand from the network continues to increase, there is a pent up need to strengthen network communication and create a smarter network," said Eric Johnson, Chairman and CEO of ADARA Networks. "While SDN continues to gain steam, there are major gaps that exist in all common SDN approaches, architectures, products and capabilities. Through our work with our partners, ADARA has designed and engineered the Ecliptic Meta Controller to help address these gaps, which include the lack of a coordinated network and cloud computing orchestration and the absence of a responsive and robust operation in a production environment, among others."
"There always seems to be growth pains when implementing new technology into an existing system, be it latency, prioritization or lack of redundancy. By working with ADARA and utilizing their platform we're now able to address existing gaps within Software Defined Networking system. This means a simpler and more manageable system, with lower administrative costs and minimal growing pains," said Joseph Sorrenti, Director of Infrastructure, New York Downtown Hospital
ADARA's Ecliptic Meta Controller has several advantages:
- It provides top-level management of multiple disparate management applications and supervisory programs, each administering a different portion of the end-to-end system allowing administrators to manage a complex networking system in a very simplified and easy manner.
- The controller allows full visibility of compute metrics and state, network metric and state, as well as full visibility into each packet and business constraints through ADARA's Service Level Agreement Manager (SLAM), which ensures all network traffic is captured and routed to its appropriate destination.
- In addition, the controller delivers the ADARA Control Plane (ACP), which provides granular knowledge needed to make an intelligent end-to-end compute and network service/host/path selection.
- It is platform agnostic, enabling users to implement multiple vendor solutions, i.e. any and all hypervisors, cloud computing software and other supervisory applications simultaneously, which delivers the functionality that just one solution alone is not capable of providing. By engineering a vendor agnostic IT infrastructure orchestration system, administrators have the ability to connect all management systems and scripts and manage them on a single pane of glass.
- The controller implements OpenFlow's academic specification in a practical, production ready manner. Instead of selecting forwarding ports based on packet headers, it selects the complete path (i.e. service, service location, physical and virtual host) that meet the application and execution requirements in terms of load, latency, location, reach-ability, bandwidth, latency, loss-tolerance and administrative cost.
ADARA Ecliptic Meta Controller is available in two form factors: software only for a fully virtualized software solution or software on either purpose-built or third-party COTS Appliances (x86 or MIPS). The controller is available as a standalone product or as part of the ADARA Horizon Complete SDN Platform and ADARA Constellation Series; a Layer 1-7 Full Stack Control and Data Plane Engine. All ADARA platforms are available to the United States commercial market through Tech Data and its channel of more than 60,000 U.S. resellers.