Xyratex Announces ClusterStor™ 9000 - Page 2
"The acceptance and adoption of ClusterStor since its market introduction is a testament to the experience and stability that comes with a solution provider such as Xyratex," said Earl Joseph, IDC program vice president for HPC. "With the release of the CIFS/NFS Gateway, we expect further market acceptance given that the Gateway aims to open avenues to Windows and Linux environments that were previously unavailable for the Lustre® file system."
With the addition of the ClusterStor 9000, comes the availability of the following performance features and RAS enhancements to the ClusterStor platform and operating system:
- ClusterStor Grid RAID – this parity declustered RAID feature addition delivers up to 400% faster drive rebuild time to repair times needed to maintain peak performance while supporting the latest high capacity drives.
- ClusterStor Data Integrity Enhancements – these added enhancements of T10 Data Integrity Field (DIF) Type 2 standards provide HPC and Technical Computing users reliable protection of their most valuable asset – their data. Unique to ClusterStor is the ability to include data integrity checking from object storage server HBA to disk drives and hardware assisted cyclic redundancy check (CRC) acceleration providing added resiliency to the file system and improved silent data corruption detection and correction.
- ClusterStor Manager – the new version of this standard ClusterStor feature includes the upgrade of a new dashboard displaying the physical configuration and status health of an entire HPC user's storage system. This data allows for seamlessly integration with other data center management tools providing visibility and management of the ClusterStor solution.
The following new ClusterStor features address the productivity challenges of managing multiple file types and consolidating application workflows with increased efficiency as well as reducing operational and hardware costs:
- ClusterStor Flash Accelerator – this feature transparently streamlines small file and large file IO workloads through application consolidation eliminating the need to separate storage systems thereby reducing Capex and Opex, reduces management cost and complexity, provides linear scalability and includes I/O profiling monitoring and definable policy tools.
- ClusterStor CIFS / NFS Gateway – this gateway feature provides Windows and Linux client access into the ClusterStor Lustre® file system and enables heterogeneous file sharing across a single storage pool spanning entry level up to high capacity data storage.
- Lustre® Version 2.5 Enhancements – Xyratex integrates available enhancements of this recently released Lustre version into ClusterStor that includes multiple new features such as Hierarchal Storage Management (HSM) allowing data transfer between different storage platform types and facilitating data lifecycle management.
Learn more about the ClusterStor 9000 at the Xyratex booth #2107 at the 25th annual Supercomputing Conference 2013 in Denver, Colorado from November 17 to 22.
Xyratex is a leading provider of data storage technology, including modular solutions for the enterprise data storage industry and hard disk drive (HDD) capital equipment for the HDD industry. Xyratex enterprise data storage platforms provide a range of advanced, scalable data storage solutions for the Original Equipment Manufacturer and High Performance Computing communities. As the largest capital equipment supplier to the HDD industry, Xyratex enables disk drive manufacturers and their component suppliers to meet today's technology and productivity requirements. Xyratex has over 25 years of experience in research and development relating to disk drives, storage systems and manufacturing process technology. Founded in 1994 in an MBO from IBM, and with headquarters in the United Kingdom, Xyratex has an established global base with R&D and operational facilities in North America, Asia and Europe.
*Lustre is a registered trademark of Xyratex Technology, Ltd., in the United States.
SOURCE Xyratex Ltd.